Business Development Manager
Constant communication with developer, designer, engineer sales and sales leadership will be required in the pursuit to close commercial, hospitality or residential business on behalf of the company.
This position reports directly to our Director of Sales in Canada.
- Proactively discover customer’s perceived and unperceived needs and implement appropriate value-driven solutions
- Develop effective personal relationships with a broad base of key decision makers within a selected market
- Provide materials for commercial, hospitality, or residential decision makers on Symmons offerings and benefits
- Able to identify and quantify market opportunities, prioritized relative to other potential opportunities
- Coordinate quotations with other team members
- Project management throughout the entire job process is required as well as complete job pipeline reporting, tracking, and analysis
- Work with cross-functional sales associates to properly communicate business opportunities on local, regional and national basis when necessary
- Work within team structure to cross-sell customers in multiple channels
- Responsible for development of key relationships within commercial specification, commercial, hospitality or residential builder/developer and sales communities including active participation and/or leadership in local industry associations
- Understanding of current and future slate of Symmons products, incentives and benefits
- High level of technical product and industry knowledge as well as industry codes and standards
- Maintains expense budgets in an accurate, economical and timely manner
- Work with internal and external teams to translate market and customer needs into technical product requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, management, or related area required
- 5+ years of territory sales experience in related industry preferred
- High-level customer relationship building skills
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation a must
- Knowledge of wholesale segment of bath and kitchen industry preferred
- Excellent Planning and analysis skills
- Strong computer skills required; proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Microsoft Outlook a must as well as experience with data warehouse sales reporting systems (i.e. Cognos, Oracle CRM) is preferred
- Demonstrated selling skills required
- Excellent high-level written and verbal communication skills required
- 75-85% travel in limited region required
- Limited overnight travel
Symmons offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and a RRSP matching plan with a 100% match up to the first 6% of eligible wages with immediate vesting.
Symmons Industries is a premier manufacturer of commercial and residential plumbing products, setting the standard for quality in plumbing fittings since 1939. From the development of our pioneering pressure balancing, anti-scald shower valve, to our expansive range of exceptional products for the kitchen and bath, we have maintained an unrivaled commitment to quality materials, superior engineering and solid workmanship. As an industry leader, Symmons continues to innovate within the custom fittings category, creating distinctive design solutions for premium hospitality and condominium projects. Pairing reliable behind the wall technology with stylish and durable products in front of the wall, Symmons is truly the smart choice in plumbing. Headquartered in Braintree, MA, Symmons is a privately-held company with regional sales offices and local representatives located throughout the United States and Canada.
If you're interested in this tremendous opportunity to join forces with a rapidly growing, family-owned organization, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com