Summary of primary duties and responsibilities
- Analyze and act upon ERP (JDE)/Demand (R+) report commands on assigned strategic/key commodities
- Gain knowledge about market conditions and trends; formulate short and long term strategies to ensure quality and continuity of supply while minimizing total cost
- Source, select, evaluate and monitor performance of suppliers for assigned goods and services
- Maintain favorable price variances, search for cost/inventory reductions and avoidances in line with department/company goals
- Be familiar with end use of assigned commodities leading to the possibility of alternative methods of production or specifications
- Generate and analyze department inventory reports and assist Director in setting inventory turn policy
- Work within the department and company goals to maximize inventory dollar investment without sacrificing service to the plant
- A minimum of 1-2 years direct procurement experience in an MRP/ERP demand management manufacturing environment
- Bachelor of Science degree or appropriate experience required
- Knowledge of market place for assigned commodities, current on modern purchasing and inventory management techniques and practices
- Service oriented, goal driven, ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Symmons offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and a 401k plan with a 100% match up to the first 6% of eligible wages with immediate vesting.
Symmons Industries is a premier manufacturer of commercial and residential plumbing products, setting the standard for quality in plumbing fittings since 1939. From the development of our pioneering pressure balancing, anti-scald shower valve, to our expansive range of exceptional products for the kitchen and bath, we have maintained an unrivaled commitment to quality materials, superior engineering and solid workmanship. As an industry leader, Symmons continues to innovate within the custom fittings category, creating distinctive design solutions for premium hospitality and condominium projects. Pairing reliable behind the wall technology with stylish and durable products in front of the wall, Symmons is truly the smart choice in plumbing. Headquartered in Braintree, MA, Symmons is a privately-held company with regional sales offices and local representatives located throughout the United States and Canada.
If you're interested in this tremendous opportunity to join forces with a rapidly growing, family-owned organization, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com