Symmons Industries, a family-owned manufacturer of plumbing fixtures, is looking for a Design Consultant to add to its dynamic sales team. With 75 years as a market leader in quality and innovation, Symmons is recognized within the industry and beyond for manufacturing outstanding products and has a track record of consistently growing company revenue, year over year.
Symmons fosters a family environment that supports and celebrates the success of our team members, and thrives on a promote-from-within culture. We provide our salespeople with the ability to make decisions that dictate their own success, while supporting them within a collaborative framework.
We are currently seeking applicants who are comfortable selling to any type of customer! The Design Consultant will sell to an established customer base of architects, interior designers and developers as well as open doors to new opportunities in assigned territories.
The Design Consultant will drive specifications and create a demand for the Symmons brand on regional, national and global levels. This requires the ability to develop strong relationships with the top architects, interior designers and developers within the market. The Design Consultant will entertain clients, give continuing education credit presentations and work with various team members to pursue and close commercial business deals within the hospitality, healthcare and commercial housing industries.
- Act as liaison between the design community and our internal design team
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with specifying architects, interior designers and developers
- Strive to attain leadership positions in design community networking associations
- Identify and quantify market opportunities
- Maintain sales objectives within a team environment
- Report through a cloud-based CRM database
- Manage projects across a matrix organization that has both vertical and geographic responsibilities
- Work within a team structure to continuously educate customers on Symmons’ products, highlighting their features and benefits through AIA accredited CEU courses
- Effectively roll out new products into specifications
- Work with internal and external teams to translate market and customer needs into technical product requirements
The successful candidate will be:
- A self-starter who is highly driven to succeed
- Outgoing and able to effectively connect with the design community
- Able and willing to work with a high-performing national & global sales team
- Highly skilled at project management tasks
- Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent at verbal and written communication; experienced at giving presentations to large groups
- A problem-solver with a strong desire to serve the customer first
- Demonstrated selling skills required
Applicants are required to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree—preferably in design, architecture, business, management or another related area
- A minimum of five years' design experience in plumbing, textiles or furniture
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with sales reporting systems
- Demonstrated sales skills
- The ability to travel within territory (limited overnight stays)
Symmons offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and a RRSP matching plan with a 100% match up to the first 6% of eligible wages with immediate vesting.
Symmons Industries is a premier manufacturer of commercial and residential plumbing products, setting the standard for quality in plumbing fittings since 1939. From the development of our pioneering pressure balancing, anti-scald shower valve, to our expansive range of exceptional products for the kitchen and bath, we have maintained an unrivaled commitment to quality materials, superior engineering and solid workmanship. As an industry leader, Symmons continues to innovate within the custom fittings category, creating distinctive design solutions for premium hospitality and condominium projects. Pairing reliable behind the wall technology with stylish and durable products in front of the wall, Symmons is truly the smart choice in plumbing. Headquartered in Braintree, MA, Symmons is a privately-held company with regional sales offices and local representatives located throughout the United States and Canada.
If you're interested in this tremendous opportunity to join forces with a rapidly growing, family-owned organization, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com