500 Lake Shore Drive
500 Lake Shore Drive was designed for luxury living. Steps away from the infamous Chicago beaches, this property’s breathtaking appeal doesn’t stop with its views. The amenities of this premier property include state-of-the-art kitchens with quartz countertops, high-end bathrooms with polished stone floors and floor-to-ceiling windows.
- The design team requested custom products for the kitchen and bath that were reflective of the overall luxury and modern style of the building.
- The faucets and showerheads were required to be low-flow because the building was LEED gold certified.
- This building has four suites with oversized showers; a multi-showerhead system was specified for these units.
- Symmons products needed to comply with ADA standards for multi-family buildings.
- Using Symmons Design Studio™, Symmons created custom lavatory faucets, roman tub fillers, rain showerheads and accessories for this project.
- Symmons manufactured a multi-showerhead system for the suites with a design that coordinated with the products in the other units.
- Symmons adjusted the lavatory faucet design so that it would satisfy ADA requirements and fit proportionately with the mirrors placed above the vanity.
- All Symmons showerheads were designed with 2.0 gpm flow rates. Faucets for both the lavatory and the kitchen were designed with 1.5 gpm flow rates.
- In 2013, 500 Lake Shore Drive was completed and in one year, the property owners have received 100% return on investment.
- Symmons designed and manufactured a complete suite of custom products for this building consisting of 500 units.
Symmons Industries is a premier manufacturer of commercial and residential plumbing products, setting the standard for quality in plumbing fittings since 1939. From the development of our pioneering pressure balancing, anti-scald shower valve, to our expansive range of exceptional products for the kitchen and bath, we have maintained an unrivaled commitment to quality materials, superior engineering and solid workmanship. As an industry leader, Symmons continues to innovate within the custom fittings category, creating distinctive design solutions for premium hospitality and condominium projects. Pairing reliable behind the wall technology with stylish and durable products in front of the wall, Symmons is truly the smart choice in plumbing. Headquartered in Braintree, MA, Symmons is a privately-held company with regional sales offices and local representatives located throughout the United States and Canada.