Symmons Industries is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will support and directly impact the overall performance metrics for the entire manufacturing plant. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for establishing and directing manufacturing practices, processes, procedures, fixtures, tooling, and equipment for production with the ultimate goal of achieving higher quality and productivity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first level equipment and floor support to assigned product lines
- Develop tooling and fixtures in support of existing and/or new products
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to the manufacturing process. Streamline the flow of material from vendor to customer in order to minimize inventory and to elevate throughput.
- Generate work instructions, process control procedures, operating procedures, and process maps
- Provide and/or implement continuous improvement ideas and direction for manufacturing and production
- Design plant or process flow layouts to improve productivity, which can but not limited to the design and construction of flow racks
- Collect and analyze data to improve products and manufacturing processes, leading to higher standard of quality, cost reduction, and increased efficiency
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be proficient with MS Office, AutoCAD, SolidWorks and other manufacturing software and tools
- Experience in tool and fixture design and machinery assembly system design
- Must have good English written and verbal communication skills
- Use of lean manufacturing principles to minimize inventory, maximize throughput, and optimize facility utilization
- Take into consideration environmental and financial objectives
Symmons offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and a 401k plan with a 100% match up to the first 6% of eligible wages with immediate vesting.
Symmons Industries is a premier manufacturer of commercial and residential plumbing products, setting the standard for quality in plumbing fittings since 1939. From the development of our pioneering pressure balancing, anti-scald shower valve, to our expansive range of exceptional products for the kitchen and bath, we have maintained an unrivaled commitment to quality materials, superior engineering and solid workmanship. As an industry leader, Symmons continues to innovate within the custom fittings category, creating distinctive design solutions for premium hospitality and condominium projects. Pairing reliable behind the wall technology with stylish and durable products in front of the wall, Symmons is truly the smart choice in plumbing. Headquartered in Braintree, MA, Symmons is a privately-held company with regional sales offices and local representatives located throughout the United States and Canada.
If you're interested in this tremendous opportunity to join forces with a rapidly growing, family-owned organization, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com