Casino Del Sol
Casino Del Sol, a Forbes Four Star Travel Guide award winner, and Leo A Daly design collaborated with the Symmons design team to create noteworthy bath fittings for the 215 room hotel tower. The hotel design was derived from the casino’s Tuscan style, which complements its Sonoran desert surroundings. Paying attention to the details, especially during the product selection, helped the hotel achieve the prestigious award for best in class in luxury hospitality.
- The designers wanted products that were organic and flowing with a custom decorative finish to coordinate with the Tuscan décor.
- Keeping a reasonable price point influenced the design process because they wanted a custom finish.
- Symmons showed the design team products similar to the style they were seeking that had been previously created in Design Studio™.
- After selecting a base concept, the design team focused on the parts of the fittings that would be touched by the guest. The lavatory faucet, tub system and levers in the showers were customized to suit the designer’s vision.
- To maintain the budget, Symmons paired the custom items with products from the Ballina™ Collection because they were available in the Brushed Bronze finish selected for the project.
- In 2011 Symmons created a custom product in a decorative finish combined with a stock offering in the same finish and provided a complete bath suite within the design budget.