The revitalization of Boston’s South End has attracted well-known developers to make their mark on the area. National Development’s multi-building project, Ink Block, named after its location on the site of a former Boston newspaper facility, has certainly made an impression. Ink Block consists of three apartment buildings and Sepia, the luxury condominium building. Each are differentiated by their unique design features.
- The four buildings have different interior layouts and the unique design of each building is a selling point for National Development; making product variety an important part of the specification process.
- National Development wanted a partner that would provide similarly styled products for all buildings and products that were low maintenance.
- The sleek, contemporary products selected for the buildings needed to be available in two finishes.
- Using Symmons Design Studio™, Symmons created custom 8” rain showerheads and accessories for this project.
- Symmons offered both Dia™ and Duro™ premium products in Polished Chrome finishes and Satin Nickel Radiance® PVD finishes to differentiate the building designs.
- Symmons contemporary Sereno™ faucet in Stainless Steel Radiance PVD finish was selected for the kitchens in all four buildings.
- All Symmons showerheads were designed with 1.5 gpm flow rate, lavatory faucets with 1.0 gpm flow rate and the kitchen faucets with 1.5 gpm flow rate.
- 1 Ink, 2 Ink and 3 Ink, as well as, the Sepia condos, are currently under construction with an anticipated completion in 2015.