New York, New York
When Mandarin Oriental Hotels decided to open an exclusive address in New York City, their vision called for an exceptionally luxurious guest experience right down to the tubs, showers and sinks.
- The bathroom fittings had to convey the sense of opulent luxury that guests enjoy throughout their stay, while reliably delivering the superb performance the hotel’s wealthy clientele would demand.
- Like many Symmons Design Studio™ clients, the Mandarin Oriental wanted a product that had never been made before. So, it was up to the Design Studio team to make the hotel’s design vision come to life.
- Our designers and engineers quickly responded to the challenge, working closely with the hotel owners in our design and development facility to craft an elegant and unique suite of bathroom fittings.
- Within a month, hand showers, valves, showerheads and diverters – all custom designed and custom manufactured – were refined, tested and perfected. And just like every other aspect of a stay at the Mandarin Oriental New York, the bathroom fittings can’t be found anywhere else in the world.
- In 2008 the hotel’s 277 elegant, spacious guestrooms and suites feature two separate bath/shower experiences. One is a ceiling-mounted drench showerhead and pulsating hand shower; the other is a spa with a Roman Tub filler and deck-mounted hand shower. All are outfitted with the beautiful and exclusive Mandarin Oriental fittings designed and built through the Design Studio process.